Receive Compassionate Attention and Legal Assistance With Your U.S. Immigration Questions
Attorney Ashraf Nubani the staff at AWN Point Law in Annandale provide a welcoming atmosphere for U.S. non-citizens to learn about the process of naturalization and immigration. After you have established a life and family in the U.S., it is typical to want the rights and benefits of a U.S. citizen. We are focused on meeting each client’s needs and take pride in our zealous approach in obtaining successful client outcomes. We can guide you through the application process for citizenship and offer the advice and support you require through this lengthy process. Contact our Virginia immigration and citizenship law firm to learn more.
Requirements For Citizenship
U.S. citizens are able to enjoy many privileges and benefits. Once you are a U.S. citizen, you also become able to vote in elections and even apply to the highest levels of office. As a person holding a U.S. passport, international travel becomes easier. Also, you become eligible in most instances to petition for the permanent residencies of your non-citizen family members. Citizenship is a pathway for personal potential and family unity, and our experience and compassion efficiently guide clients towards successful outcomes.
The requirements to qualify for U.S. citizenship are as follows:
- Resided in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident for a minimum of 5 years or married spouses must have permanent residency for a minimum of 3 years
- You were present in the U.S. for the majority of those 5 years
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have good moral character without a history of violence or crime
- Must pass an English test, in which you demonstrate an ability to read, speak, and write the language
- Must pass history and government of the United States test
- You must pledge your allegiance and accept the principles of the U.S. Constitution
The above requirements may have exceptions and you need solid and reliable legal advice to consider your options. There are situations that may hinder your application process, such as late IRS payments. It is highly advisable that you speak with an experienced immigration attorney when applying for U.S. citizenship. Our attorneys are experienced and resourceful in immigration law, and can quickly determine a path towards your citizenship status approval.
Contact Virginia’s Citizenship Law Firm Today
AWN Point Law is committed to helping with immigration, visas, citizenship status, and deportation cases in Virginia. Rest assured you have an experienced and determined lawyer who has decades of experience working with your best interests in mind. Call us immediately at (703) 658-5151 to schedule an appointment. We are ready to take your call.