Languages Spoken English and Arabic
محامي الهجرة ناطق بالعربية

Contact us Today
(703) 658-5151

Employment Visas Attorney

Fairfax County Employment Visa Attorney Will Put Experience to Work for You

Virginia Immigration Law Firm Focused on Employment Visas

Arabic Speaking Immigration Attorney and Staff for clients who can benefit from that extra edge

There are generally five different ways a foreign citizen can obtain residency and work authorization in the U.S.:

  • Sponsorship by an employer along with the ability to obtain an employment visa
  • Investment (500,000 Min)
  • Sponsorship by a close family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
  • The Diversity Visa Lottery Program
  • Asylum and refugee status

Common Types of Employment Visas

The H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa is a visa for individuals coming to the U.S. to work for an American employer in a professional type position. Initially valid for three years, the H-1B visa can be extended up to six years. Candidates must have the equivalent of a U.S. college or university degree in a relevant subject, and a secured job offer from a U.S. employer to obtain an H-1B visa.

The L-1 Intra-Company Transfer Visa is used to transfer a foreign employee to a U.S. parent, affiliate, subsidiary, or branch office. To qualify for an L-1 visa, an employee must have worked for the transferring employer outside the U.S. for at least one year out of the last three. There are two types of L-1 visas, the L-1A visa for executive or managerial staff, and the L-1B visa for specialized knowledge staff. Managers or executives must be going to manage a major subdivision or function of their employer’s U.S. operation, while specialized knowledge workers must have in-depth experience with their employer’s products, processes, and practices.

E Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor Visas are for the employees of companies registered as Treaty Traders or Treaty investors, companies that undertake substantial trade with or have made significant investment in the U.S. E visas are typically issued for an initial period of up to two years, and can be renewed indefinitely.

If you have questions about immigration to the U.S. and employment visas, contact AWN Point Law online or call (703) 658-5151 to schedule your in-person or telephonic initial case evaluation today.