Languages Spoken English and Arabic
محامي الهجرة ناطق بالعربية

Contact us Today
(703) 658-5151

Marriage and Fiancé Visas

Receive Attorney Assistance With Your Marriage and Fiancé Visas

The Attorneys at AWN Point Law have extensive experience helping clients through the application process for marriage and fiancé visas. The laws governing marriage visas is complex and the process for applying can seem daunting. Allow the AWN Point Law firn to help. We focus our efforts on meeting each client’s needs and takes pride in our zealous approach in obtaining successful outcomes.

Marriage Visa Outline

Marriage visas give a spouse of a U.S. citizen either one of two statuses in the U.S.: CR-1 (Conditional Resident) or IR-1 (Immediate Relative). The length of your marriage determines which visa an applicant will apply for. If you have been married for longer than two years at the time of issuance then the applicant files under the IR-1 visa.

In the event that you have been married for less than 2 years, then the applicant will apply under the CR-1 visa. This visa is valid for 2 years. Before the expiration of the CR-1, the Conditional Resident will apply for removing the temporary conditions with permanent resident status by filing Form I-751 Removal of Conditions.

Fiancé Visa Outline

U.S. citizens are able to bring their non-citizen fiancés into the U.S. with K-1 visas. K-1 visas allow a non-citizen to live and work in the U.S. for 90 days. You must marry within this 90 day period and apply for permanent residency. K-2 visas are available to a fiancé’s unmarried children under the age of 21.

If you are interested in applying for a visa for yourself or would like to petition for the residency of a spouse or fiancé, begin the process by calling our Washington DC area immigration law firm.

Contact Virginia’s Immigration Law Firm Today

AWN Point Law is committed to helping with immigration, visas, citizenship status, and deportation cases in Virginia. Rest assured you have an experienced and determined lawyer who has decades of experience working with your best interests in mind. Call us immediately at (703) 658-5151 to schedule an appointment. We are ready to take your call.